At Target and Target Commercial Interiors, we want you to know how Target Commercial Interiors collects, uses, shares and protects information about you.
What Personal Information is Collected?
We collect personal information when you provide it to us, including when you:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services in our showrooms, website
- Connect with Target Commercial Interiors regarding client service via our showroom, website, or on social media platforms
- Visit our website or participate in interactive features of the site
- Use a social media service, for example, Target Commercial Interiors’s Facebook page or YouTube channel
- Request a quote for products or services
- Sign up for e-mails, or social media notifications from Target Commercial Interiors
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law
- Provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input
Types of personal information we collect include:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your shipping address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your drivers’ license number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
Target Commercial Interiors Cookies
In order to provide the best client experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are browsing our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Target participates in online behavioral advertising (OBA), also known as interest-based advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online. Target adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory principles for OBA.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain information when you visit our website and to use that information to serve ads for Target Commercial Interiors products or services of other companies when you visit this website or other websites. These companies use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, hardware/software information, MAC address, cookie and session ID) and personally identifiable information (e.g. IP address) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These parties typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
At this time, we do not respond to browser “do not track” signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of this behavioral advertising. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g. a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
How is your Information Used?
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver newsletters and e-mail messages
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, showfloors, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our clients and our business
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
How is Your Information Shared?
We share the information we collect within Target Corporation, which includes all Target subsidiaries and affiliates.
Target Corporation may use this information to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
Target Corporation owns and operates Target Stores and Target web sites. Target Corporation subsidiaries include, but are not limited to: Target Bank, Target Canada, Target Commercial Interiors, TCC Cooking Co. (Cooking.com and CHEFS Catalog) and Dermstore LLC (Dermstore.com, Blush,com, and Hairenvy.com).
We may share the information we collect from and about you with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer or installation partner, email, analytics providers, web-hosting providers, payment processors) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information we collect from and about you when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our clients or others.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our clients. We also may retain a copy of that guest information.
What Choices Do You Have?
If you do not wish to receive catalogs, coupons, and other promotional mail, contact us or call 888-333-4664 to opt out.
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, click here to unsubscribe, or call 888-333-4664 to opt out. You may still receive select e-mails from us if you have requested them through one of our newsletter services. You can discontinue these e-mails by canceling your subscription to these services.
You also have the ability to unsubscribe to promotional e-mails via the opt out link included in each e-mail.
Target Commercial Interiors Cookies
The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Targetcommercialinteriors.com features.
Third Party Cookies
California law provides California residents with the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties (which includes Target Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates) for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Target Commercial Interiors, please contact us.
How Do You Access and Update Your Information?
You can access and update some of your information by contacting us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of information we typically collect.
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail.
Safe Shopping Guarantee
Our security measures are designed to prevent anyone from stealing and using your credit card number. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, if your credit card is used without your authorization, your liability for those fraudulent charges cannot exceed $50. If your credit card provider does hold you liable for any part of this $50, we will cover this liability for you, provided the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made in our stores or at our website while using the secure server.
Children’s Personal Information
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us or call 888-333-4664.
How Do You Contact Target Commercial Interiors?
Target Commercial Interiors
81 S 9th St Suite 350
Minneapolis MN 55402
- Information collected or provided in connection with completing an application for employment with Target Commercial Interiors.
Last update: December 2013
- Updated description of Target and its affiliates. Updated the Legal Compliance and Security Methods sections and added information about Online Behavioral Advertising and tracking.
- Updated description of Target and its affiliates. Updates Target cookies and third party cookie sections.
- Added offline and social collection, use, and sharing of personal client information. Removed section regarding sharing of information with other companies for their marketing purposes. Removed Target National Bank from “Target Family”.